Human Resources Manager
Jennifer Charles holds the position of Human Resources Manager within both the Human Resource Services and HR Resource Center departments at MRA. She serves members as a trusted Advisor and provides valuable and solutions-based business services. Jennifer has over 15 years of broad and progressive experience as a Human Resources professional in multiple industry sectors. Her background includes strategic planning, employee relations, training & development, recruitment, benefits administration, compensation, and mergers and acquisitions. She has demonstrated HR leadership talent interfacing with company executives and effective practitioner skills assisting multi-state companies ranging in size from 100 to 1500 employees. Prior to joining MRA, Jennifer was Director of Human Resources for a start-up technology company.
- Develop employee handbooks, job descriptions, performance management process, and policies and procedures.
- Conduct harassment and discrimination investigations.
- Defend EEOC & DOL complaints successfully.
- Implement and manage employee benefit plans in start-up environment.
- Reduce and manage turnover in jobs notoriously viewed as high turnover resulting in greater company productivity.
- Provide full cycle recruitment for hourly, management, technical and executive positions.
- Implemented PeopleSoft 8.0 HR successfully and was a significant contributor on the core team.
- Received favorable feedback after training managers and employees on diverse policies and practices to include unlawful harassment, workplace diversity and supervisory skills.
Jennifer received her Bachelor’s degree in Communications and Master’s degree in Human Resources from Loyola University in Chicago. She earned certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).