Human Resources Professional
Lyssa Bernstein, Human Resources Professional, applies her 12 years of HR knowledge, her practical approach, and her excellent people skills to help advance the people strategies of the companies she assists. Regardless of whether Lyssa works with companies for brief or for extended periods of time, they consistently relay that Lyssa exceeds expectations and creates a collaborative, highly efficient work environment.
Lyssa has partnered with organizations to advance recruitment, develop their workforce, transition downsized workers, create training programs, and identify opportunities for better best practice HR knowledge implementation. She has worked in a variety of industries including manufacturing, distribution, not-for-profit, healthcare, retail, e-commerce, and service.
Immediately prior to joining MRA, Lyssa held the position of Regional Human Resources Manager with an electronics corporation where she drove recruiting, employee relations, training, safety awareness, and benefits administration.
Lyssa’s accomplishments include the development of:
- A streamlined recruiting and hiring process that increases efficiency and delivers results.
- A new onboarding program that enables new hires to contribute more quickly.
- A companywide recognition program that enhances engagement and contributions.
- New interview guides for managers that enhance their best-fit selection decisions.
- New and updated job descriptions that are accurate, clear, and reinforce equity across the company.
- A safety response team that expands knowledge and application of safety procedures.
- A respectful and trusted atmosphere that encourages management to seek HR counsel on employee relations, thus improving communication and mitigating risk.
Lyssa holds a bachelor's degree in psychology with a minor in human relations from the University of Iowa. She also earned a master's degree in teaching from National Louis University. Lyssa is on the Board of Directors for the Northern Illinois Society for Human Resources in Management (NISHRM) and is a member of the Society for Human Resources in Management (SHRM).