Human Resource Manager
For over 20 years Jane Kurylo has worked in the field of human resources as a direct practitioner or an advisor. She has extensive experience planning, implementing and administering strategies and policies to ensure best practices and optimal utilization of workforce resources.
Jane provides cost effective, timely, and quality-driven employment processes for managerial, salaried, and hourly employment. She has successfully handled full lifecycle recruiting from sourcing strategy development, current job descriptions, compensation review, posting, interviewing, background checks, and employment offers through on-boarding. Jane is skilled in the use of social media for marketing and recruiting. She has experience in marketing and employment branding. She has procured various media including: web design, collateral, billboard, and video production services.
Jane has worked in both union and nonunion settings as well as in manufacturing and other industries including: distribution, healthcare, and financial services. At a global manufacturing company, Jane was responsible for all facets of HR management. Her focus on results and team-building make her an accomplished leader who works effectively at all levels of the organization.
Additional areas of expertise:
- Created job descriptions and assigned grade and salary levels according to market data and internal equity.
- Developed and administered personnel policies and guidelines and authored an employee handbook.
- Coached managers on diversity and inclusion and created and implemented annual Affirmative Action Plans.
- Provided new and innovative strategies to meet workforce needs of many employers.
- Created recruitment and retention plans for various industries with a focus on healthcare and manufacturing where finding and keeping talent is challenging.
- Collaborated with educational institutions to meet training deficiencies.
- Planned successful job fairs and networking events to serve employers and applicants.
- Created and edited employee newsletters and wrote communication pieces on behalf of company president and other executives.
Jane holds a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside and is a graduate of the Leadership Racine Program. She is a founding member of the Racine/Kenosha Area Chapter of SHRM (SRKA) and currently serves on its Board of Directors.