In MN, this program is formerly known as Supervision Part I: Fundamentals of Leadership
There are many ways to transition from an individual contributor to a manager, but one thing is certain: New skills are required to be successful in the new role. Being in any leadership position requires you to be a communicator, motivator, problem-solver, delegator, interviewer, coach, and change agent all at once. Taught from an in-the-trenches perspective, this interactive series will give you practical, easy-to-use methods for handling everyday issues.
- Identify what employees want from leaders and factors that influence values, behaviors, and performance.
- Foster relationships with both upper management and your employees to achieve goals and increase engagement.
- Use coaching techniques to provide feedback and recognition to develop employees for continued performance improvement.
- Leverage the levels of authority to elevate your own responsibility and maximize the contributions of your team.
- Determine good judgment and practices for delegation to extend your effectiveness and achievement.
- Implement strategies to constructively handle conflict and create positive actions.
- Uphold your role in employee interviewing, orientation and onboarding, and performance management.
- Utilize motivational theories and techniques to identify and respond to employee needs.
- Apply the psychology of change and strategies to introduce change and gain employee acceptance.
When you complete the entire program, you will receive a certificate recognizing your achievement.
Who Should Attend:
Newly promoted or soon-to-be promoted managers and supervisors. Experienced managers and supervisors who have not had formal supervisory training and want to enhance their skills.
Supervision Fundamentals Schedule: 2023
To find out more about the services we offer, or to speak with a specialist about your specific needs, complete this form and one of our experts will reach out to you shortly.
Can’t wait? Call us now at 800.488.4845.